Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday dear Dad!
Happy Birthday to You!

Just wanted to send my dad some love on his birthday and share a few updates...


Right now, I'm in the Peace Corps office in Kyiv trying to tie up some loose ends of a presentation I will conduct tomorrow. I will attempt to lead a discussion with new Peace Corps volunteers, who are currently in training, about mental health issues volunteers may face throughout their service, discuss ways to manage these stessors, and make sure trainees are aware of the mental health resources that are available to them while serving. Should be an interesting dialogue and I'm looking forward to welcoming the new trainees to PC Ukraine! (Also, many thanks to Liz and Kelsey for helping me with presentation ideas, as well as current Peace Corps volunteers feedback on difficulties they have experienced.)

I have some more travel plans! Here is my next trip:
June 27: depart Kyiv for Portland, OR
July 6: fly from Portland to Barcelona, Spain
July 12: Barcelona to Paris
July 15: Paris to Poland
July 17: back home to Kyiv

I'll post some pictures soon!
Love,
Nat

No comments: