Friday, April 17, 2009

Between School Lessons...

Spending time with students has been a lifesaver for me. Now, with the weather finally warming up, everyone is spending more time outside, including me. Here are some pictures of my downtime in Novoukrainka:

April Fool's Day 2009: We had a competition at school, which included each class acting out funny skits and wearing silly costumes.

Picture of me with students from my 10th form.


Here comes the parade!


The 8b class singing for the jury!



Sasha (with kisses all over) and Yana are in the front. Dasha and Ania are behind. Great hair, Dasha!


Oh no! 6th form being goofy...



My 5th form class...they crack me up (especially Dennis, the student to the far right). Yarik, the student with the sideways black hat and blue shirt helped me find a bicycle shop yesterday. They are so willing to help me, with learning Ukrainian and any other questions I have!

7th form with their crazy make-up!


Girls from 7th form:Inna, Dasha, Nastia, and Ania


Here are some students from the primary school (I only see them in the cafeteria or halls, but they quickly say "Good Morning" or "Hello" as soon as they spot me).



I went to my 5th form class after the competition because I wanted a picture of them with their make-up on, but most of them had already washed it off! But we took a picture anyway!
Here I am with three of my 10th form girls: Marina, Yulya, and Alina (Yes, those are pencils in Yulya's hair!)
Anton, one of my 6th formers, invited me to his soccer tournament. He is on the far left in the blue and white striped jersey. Max, one of my 7th form students, is also in the blue jersey, but he is pushing a kid in the orange, right in front of the right side of the goal post. Max may be small, but he sure is scrappy when he plays soccer!
Anton with the throw-in...
I met up with some of my 8th form girls after school. We went to the stadium and played soccer against an all-boys team. We had a great time, but we decided to have a photo shoot after the game. Here are the results (and the start of our modeling careers): (Nastia-red coat, Yulya-blue coat, Lena-red coat with sunglasses, Sasha-front in black, Dasha-middle, Yana-front with white shirt, and Christina-back right)








Then we decided to play some volleyball...


...and dribbling with the soccer ball...Go Lena, Go Lena!



We try to have a fun time in the classroom, too...


Take care and thanks for reading!

Nat

No comments: