Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Frantically Packing!!!









Goodbye Pictures from top to bottom:
1. Dad and Grandma
2. Kelsey, Bola, and Kristin competing in a competitive badminton game (they won!)
3. Me with Meghan (friends since 3rd grade) and Jason (their children: Aiden and Owen), and John
4. Race for the Cure 2008 - with Cindy, Duran, and Holly
5. Soccer Team says "Goodbye" - Go Lexi's All-Stars!
6. Last "Goodbye" with Helen, Cindy, and Jessica
7. Goodbye hug with Tim, Jodie, and Holly
8. Aunts and Second Cousins - I Love You!
Oh my goodness - I can't believe my plane to Philadelphia is taking off in less than eight hours! It has been a whirlwind of a weekend (and I thought I would have so much time to pack, donate my extra stuff, purchase any last minute items...sorry Mom and Dad!).

Well, the storage bags that suck out the air and shrink your clothes, you know, the ones on the infomercials...those have been a lifesaver (thank you, Jessica S.)! I had a difficult time choosing professional clothes, including winter coats, under 100 pounds, while still leaving room for necessary items, such as a short-wave radio (to listen to BBC), gifts for my host family, teaching supplies that I have been collecting, a sleeping bag, and warm blankets. Oh my...how to fit all of it within my strict luggage guidelines? Oh well, I'll manage!

I have had wonderful times shared with friends and family before my departure! I have posted some pictures from this last week of saying my goodbyes above. I'm going to write a new post so I can get some more pictures up!



I sincerely appreciate the support I have received!


Take care,
Nat-B

No comments: