Thursday, September 2, 2010

Last Week of Summer Vacay...

Summer has officially ended... time to pull out the 'professional' clothes, plan lessons each day, and spend more time with students! FINALLY! I had a fabulous summer, but I'm definitely ready to get back into the routine of school. In preparation for school, I've been at school nearly every weekday to meet with teachers, work on grant projects, and catch up on the latest happenings in each others' lives.

We had a county meeting for all English teachers the week before classes started. Here are two teachers I work closely with everyday, both are named Lena:




After the English teachers' meeting, Lynae and I decided it was time for a mini-party together. We made our way to the 'hoppin' restaurant in town and consumed as much junk food as we could for five hours... there weren't any other customers, so there wasn't any social pressure for us to stop ;)




We also attended the regional meeting for all teachers - which was a packed event! It was great to honor so many teachers for the work they accomplished the previous year...

Here's a picture of me with some of my students. All three danced during the regional meeting.

















The Novoukrainka District Educational Department recognized my contributions to increasing technological trainings to teachers throughout the region!



After the meeting, I started taking pictures with many of my friends who were also in attendance...






Including the other Peace Corps volunteers in our region (both came this past June... otherwise I've been the only volunteer in the region throughout my service): Lynae (from Whidbey Island, near Seattle) and Julia (originally from CA, but a recent Portland State graduate)









With the school year underway, I know the remainder of my time here will zoom by! Sasha, the young girl from the family who also owns the apartment I live in, will be attending college this year (even though she is only 15 years old). I will certainly miss having her as a student - but I will see her on the weekends, so all is well.

One of the things I'm looking forward to when I return home is the opportunity to travel within the U.S. - there are so  many places I haven't had a chance to see! Beginning with a visit to my sister, Mallory, and her husband, Jessy, who recently moved to Georgia state. I'm looking forward to the transition back home and catching up with family and friends.

Hope all is well,
Love Nat
P.S. If you know of any open job positions that you think I would be a good fit for, please send them my way via email: natbrusseau@gmail.com. Thank you for your continued support throughout my Peace Corps service!

No comments: