Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dima!

Last week, I attended Dima's 8th birthday party! I searched my town for a gift and ended up deciding on a set of Superman Walkie-Talkies, which were definitely a hit!

Here are some of the kids that were at the party (from left to right) Petya, Bogdan (Dima's brother), Nastia, Tolya, and Sasha.


Here are Dima's godparents, Olya and Kolya.

Viala (a neighbor) and Oksana (Dima's mom)

Dima's parents, Volva and Oksana.

Artom and Petya having chicken-fights on the log...overlooking the river in town.

Me with the Birthday Boy!

Time for some street racing! Bogdan was sweet enough to let me join in on the fun and borrow his bike.







I was taking too many pictures of the boys showing me their "tricks", so Nastia asked me to take a picture of her.
The kids loved taking pictures with my camera...here's me and Bogdan.




Oksana was so excited to show me her flowers, she requested that I take photos. Here are some pictures, in honor of Oksana and the wonderful hospitality she has shown to me.
Yum....Strawberries!

Here are some pictures around Novoukrainka in the Spring! It has such a different feel in the Spring (compared to when I first arrived in December).


My house...I love the tulips out front!


The main street in Novoukrainka

The flowers on the trees that line the main street. Just gorgeous, I think!

My School





At the birthday party, we ate a ton of food, played outside, and I certainly had some language practice! Good times!
Take care,
Natalie

2 comments:

Hola Bola! said...

Hey Nat,

I can't believe it's been a full school year! Kudos to you. It looks like you've had an impact and an amazing time all at the same time!

Love and miss you,
Bola

Natalie said...

Thanks, Bola! It has been a crazy ride! Looking forward to seeing you next month!
Love Nat.