Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I have an address...Tested and Approved!

Hello All,

I finally have an address! What can you send me? Here is a list of ideas useful for teaching:

1. Postcards (from your travels)
2. Interesting articles from magazines or newspapers that would encourage discussion in the classroom
3. Anything in English (brochures, maps, etc.)

Here is my address:

Natalie Brusseau
PO Box 27
Novoukrainka, Kirovogradska Oblast
27100
Ukraine


I've almost finished my first full week of teaching and I moved this past weekend (yes, from the apartment that I posted pictures of last week). Now, my apartment is about a 5 minute walk to school, as opposed to a 20 minute bus ride to school from my previous apartment.

Teaching is going well. I love it when I hear the bell ring to signal the end of class, I try to dismiss the students, but they insist on finishing the activity or the conversation that we are involved in. Then, of course, there are other classes, such as my 11th graders (the seniors of the school) who are "too cool" for some activities or pretend to not understand. I'll continue to work on them...

I'll try to get some pictures up soon! This weekend I am headed to Kirovograd (the capital of my oblast) for a meeting with other Peace Corps Volunteers. I'm looking forward to getting to the "big city" and spending time with other PCVs.

I hope the weather has eased up on the Northwest! The other night I was eating dinner at a family's house and, all of a sudden, they were pointing to the TV and saying, "Natasha, your state, Washington!" Sure enough, Washington was on the International news. Washington with the flooding and Ukraine with the gas issues...thankfully, both seem to be resolved.

Take care,
Natalie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey how are you doing.hope all is well the girls miss you and can't wait to see you.so how's it going,glad to see your doing o.k and that your enjoying yourself.keep in touch we all love you.do you have a my space page,if so look me up under becky fournet or taylordanja@hotmail.com keep in touch.The girls and i are gonna go to louisiana for a while.well keep up dating your blogs and write me sometime's love you and be safe:)

Natalie said...

Hi Becky!

It's so good to hear from you! I hope your family is well.

No, I don't have MySpace, only Facebook. I'll send you an email!

Love,
Natalie