Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Training = 50% COMPLETED













Well, I have some good news! I am officially half-way through my training! Training is a grueling time because we have 8-12 hour days. It is draining, but the time is going by so fast!

I have included some pictures of my latest visit to Kyiv (the capital of Ukraine). It is a beautiful city and I am planning to have a date with Kyiv every weekend!

While in Kyiv, I went to an Irish Pub, the perfect place to catch my breath. I had a greasy cheeseburger with french fries, a refreshing drink, and a football game on the big screen (that's soccer in Europe)! It was fun to see people wearing their favorite team's jersey and cheering and clapping at the slightest shot on goal. I miss playing soccer at home!

I've also posted some pictures of some scenic views around Kyiv. Navigating the subway system has been easier than I thought (well, maybe I'm following a PC friend who knows her way around...but I won't mention that).

It's been a rough week for me. According to our PC calendar, this is actually the time when PC trainees start to feel slightly depressed. Not necessarily depressed, but the excitement has, I feel, worn off. I guess I've finally realized that this isn't a vacation, that I am actually going to be living here for the next two years. It takes some adjustments, but I'm thankful for my support systems (both in the US and in Ukraine).

Take care and please feel free to email me anytime! (natbrusseau@gmail.com)

Natalie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Natalie, Have a great BIRTHDAY today, and I know your mom and sister will take care of you.
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie. Happy Birthday to us both. Having a great day doing nothing. You are on a exciting journey so both highs and lows. From your old aunt sue

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday....

Beautiful photos, great blog.
Love aunt judy